- This document summarizes the updates included in a major release for SHIIP.
- This release consists of a major overhaul in how SHIIP provides access to patient information. With this, many features needed to be added, updated, or removed. A summary of those changes is below.
- SHIIP is scheduled to be upgraded to version 5.0.0 on January 15th, 2020 at 4:00pm. Downtime is expected to extend into January 16th with a planned restoration time of 10:00am.
- Onboarded organizations now have access to Practice Lists. A practice list contains all patients that have a relationship with an organization and will continuously update as SHIIP receives new information. The list can be edited by users with the appropriate permissions – this allows them to confirm patients, add patients, remove patients, and permanently exclude patients. Users may set notification settings on their organization’s Practice List so that they are notified during select patient activity.
- Users now have access to Patient Lists (a replacement for Watch Lists). Patient Lists are manually controlled by the user, and the user can create as many as they like. All Watch Lists in the previous version of SHIIP have been migrated to Patient Lists, and this is indicated by a “(Migrated)” indicator on the list name. Users may set notification settings on their Patient Lists so that they are notified during select patient activity.
- The My Patients page has been added and acts as a dashboard for your Practice List and Patient Lists.
- Saved Searches have been added in an effort to reduce duplication of work and act as a standalone patient population. The Saved Search feature is available on the new Advanced Search page, and allows users to save searches that utilize one or more of SHIIP’s 18 advanced search filters. Once saved, the Saved Search may be used as a patient population when viewing recent patient activity or dashboards.
- A Patient Population dropdown has been added to the recent patient activity feature and each dashboard. This allows users to select their organization’s Practice List, their own Patient Lists, or their own Saved Searches.
- SHIIP now supports Single Sign On (SSO) via the Kingston Unified Regional Gateway and other Active Directory authentication providers. This will be piloted with new SHIIP users and, eventually, will roll out to existing SHIIP users.
- An Addictions & Mental Health (AMH) and Community Support Services (CSS) badge have been added to the patient profile header.
- All SHIIP pages are now fully-responsive and support users on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.
- Users must now agree to an annual SHIIP End User Agreement and a daily SHIIP Privacy Agreement upon login.
- The Patient Search tool has been rebranded and redesigned as the Advanced Search feature. Users may search globally for any patient in the system with a provided patient ID, health card number, or combination of name and date of birth. Additionally, users may select a specific patient population (such as a practice list or patient list) and add a variety of search filters to narrow down specific patients. Users can add selected results or all results to a patient list.
- SHIIP’s Quick Search (located in the top-right corner of any SHIIP page) now supports searching globally by entering a patient ID, health card number, or combination of name and date of birth.
- SHIIP’s user and organization management system have been redesigned to support the new flat-access model. Users can now be assigned to multiple organizations, and an organization must be selected following login if the user is assigned to more than one. Users may switch their working organization at any time. Users are no longer assigned to regulated health professionals or sites – instead, those assignments are now made to organizations. As agents of a Health Information Custodian (HIC), users are subject to the privacy management and auditing practices of that organization.
- The Audit Tool has been redesigned to support the higher degree of patient access. Two reports are available; a user login summary report and a user/patient activity report.
- The Consent Management tool has been redesigned to support the higher degree of patient access. Consent directives may now be added by individuals/organizations. Additionally, users with the appropriate permissions may now add consent directive overrides that can provide access to a patient profile. This override can be applied for one or more users and has an expiry date.
- Updating a patient’s vital status, complexity, or end of life care status is now available via the ‘Status’ dropdown menu in the top-right of any patient profile.
- Access Groups have been recreated to better support user workflow and promote patient privacy.
- All SHIIP pages have had their look and feel improved.
- Both automated and manual Watch Lists have been removed. Existing Watch Lists have been migrated to new Patient Lists, and are indicated by a “(Migrated)” in the list name.
- Global and patient-specific notification settings. These have been replaced by notification settings attached to an organization’s Practice List and a user’s Patient Lists. Due to the amount of change required for this, notification settings have not been migrated. Users will need to re-apply their notification settings after the 5.0.0 update has been applied.
- The SHIIP Support website has been updated for the above changes and will be available for use on January 15th, 2020.
- Optional training sessions have been scheduled for the week of January 13th, 2020. These will include an overview of the changes and aim to familiarize users with the tool prior to release. For more information, users may check their inbox or contact SHIIP@lhins.on.ca.